December 14, 2018
Location: Northern Israel
Event: Due to increased tensions along Israel’s northern border, until further notice, U.S. government employees and their family members are prohibited from personal travel to northern Israel in the area north of Route 89 and west of Route 90, as well as north of Route 99, except for Safed and Rosh Pina. Travel restrictions remain in effect east of Route 98 in the Golan. Official travel by U.S. government employees in these areas is permitted only to conduct essential travel and may require additional security measures.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory and Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter