Location: Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
Event: U.S. citizens who live in or seek to travel to the United States should arrange for immediate departure to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain in place for an indefinite period. The options for commercial travel to the United States remain extremely limited, and the situation may change with little or no advance notice.
The only available commercial flight departing Ben Gurion Airport to the United States is on United Airlines, but it is subject to change at any time. El Al has extended the suspension of their flights to the United States until May 2. To the best of our knowledge, there are no flights available at this time from Ben Gurion Airport to other destinations which provide direct connections to the United States. Further flight cancellations and suspensions can occur with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. Your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.
Israel has established strict quarantine and social distancing guidelines. Passengers arriving in Israel, including U.S. citizens, may be subject to health screening and/or a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a Government of Israel-established quarantine center. For more information, contact the Israeli Ministry of Health.
If you are a U.S. citizen currently in the West Bank or Gaza who lives in or seeks to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy via JerusalemACS@state.gov for further instructions before making your travel arrangements.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline: United Airlines (Local: 03-5116787, U.S.: 18002258610) or El Al (Local: 03-9771111).
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s the latest travel restrictions to the United States.