The U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv invites artists to submit proposals for an approximately 5 by 3 meter mural (see attachment for exact dimensions of available space) to be installed at the entrance of the American Center Jerusalem, Keren Hayesod 19, which has served as the Embassy’s premier cultural center since 1968 in this same location. One proposal from among the submissions will be chosen to be executed by the winning artist
The deadline for submission is September 16, 2016.
Proposal Key Elements:
The U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv invites artists to submit proposals for a 5 by 3 meter mural (see attachment for exact dimensions of available space) to be installed at the entrance of the American Center Jerusalem, Keren Hayesod 19. One proposal from among the submissions will be chosen to be executed by the winning artist. The completed artwork will be mounted above the staircase of the American Center. (See attached pictures.) The theme of the artwork should in some way reflect the common values of the United States and Israel highlighting the inherent diversity that informs both cultures.
The final artistic design will be finalized after consultation with a focus group to be assembled by the American Center.
Artists will be fully credited with the work which will remain part of the American Center collection.
The finalist will receive up to $10,000 to execute the artwork. This amount will include:
- artist’s fee
- a space outside of the American Center to execute the artwork
- high quality materials needed for executing the artwork, including a very high-quality surface on which to paint, not canvas but something significantly more durable, like polished stone, glass, metal, plastic or similarly durable material that will not rip, break or deteriorate if moved or stored
- transportation of the artwork to the American Center
- installation of the artwork and all hardware associated with hanging it in the specified area at the American Center as well as in consideration of the existing lighting, which may need to be altered based on the artist’s proposal
Artist must be registered to do business in Israel and provide tax receipts.
- CVs/relevant background on artist(s)
- Detailed description of proposed artwork, including sketch
- Proposals must be in English
The American Center will hold an open house for interested artists to view the designated exhibition space on Sunday, September 4 at 10:00 am.
Notification to applicants:
The Public Diplomacy Section will inform the finalist by September 21, 2016 of his/her preliminary selection with instructions for submission of next steps and request for additional documentation, if needed. (Only successful applicant will be notified.)
Application submission and further information contact:
Application submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact us on the American Center Facebook