Location: West Bank
Event: COVID-19 – PA Extends West Bank Lockdown Until July 26
The Palestinian Authority (PA) declared an extension of the current lockdown in the West Bank through July 26, in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. During the lockdown, all institutions and businesses will be closed except for supermarkets, pharmacies, bakeries, and small businesses that comply with PA Ministry of Health protocols. Movement of people between the West Bank and Israel will be curtailed or limited, but inter-governorate commercial movements are allowed for two weeks. There is a general curfew from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays, and weekends from Thursday 8:00 p.m. to Sunday 6:00 a.m. Banks will continue to operate in line with emergency procedures. Local emergency committees in all governorates will be immediately activated to ensure public compliance with safety measures. Non-compliance with safety measures could result in fines, business closure, or imprisonment. The latest information can be found (in Arabic only) on the PA Ministry of Health website at http://site.moh.ps/index/index/Language/ar.
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens to follow the latest advice from U.S. and local authorities to reduce the spread of COVID-19. For the most recent information on reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19, please consult the U.S. Centers for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief site for the most up-to-date information regarding economic impact payments and other tax information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. Information about local conditions related to COVID-19 is also available from the U.S. Embassy in Jordan and the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates