Location: Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza
Event: U.S. citizens who live in or seek to travel to the United States should arrange for immediate departure to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain in place for an indefinite period. The options for commercial travel to the United States remain extremely limited, and the situation may change with little or no advance notice.
Israel has established strict quarantine and social distancing guidelines. The latest guidelines are available from the Israeli Ministry of Health. People traveling within Israel may encounter increased police presence and enforcement of social distancing guidelines, including checkpoints and the imposition of fines for violations.
If you are a U.S. citizen currently in the West Bank or Gaza who lives in or seeks to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy via JerusalemACS@state.gov for further instructions before making your travel arrangements.
The only available commercial flight departing Ben Gurion Airport to the United States is on United Airlines, but it is subject to change at any time. El Al announced a temporary suspension of flights from March 26 to April 4. To the best of our knowledge, there are no flights available at this time from Ben Gurion Airport to other destinations which provide direct connections to the United States. Further flight cancellations and suspensions can occur with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. Your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe. Please check the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem COVID-19 website for future updates.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline: United Airlines (Local: 03-5116787, U.S.: 18002258610) or El Al (Local: 03-9771111).
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates