Location: Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in Israel. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government has no plans to arrange repatriation flights in Israel at this time.
If you are a U.S. citizen currently in the West Bank or Gaza who lives in or seeks to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy by email at JerusalemACS@state.gov for further instructions before making your travel arrangements.
The only available commercial flight departing Ben Gurion Airport to the United States is on United Airlines, but it is subject to change at any time. El Al Airlines has suspended its flights to the United States until May 2. To the best of our knowledge, there are no flights available at this time from Ben Gurion Airport to other destinations which may provide connections to the United States. Further flight cancellations and suspensions can occur with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. Your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe. Please check the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem COVID-19 website for future updates.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline: United Airlines (Local: 03-5116787, U.S.: 18002258610) or El Al (Local: 03-9771111).
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.