Location: Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza
Event: COVID-19 – Latest Guidance on Reducing the Spread of COVID-19
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens to follow the latest guidance from U.S. and local authorities to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please consult the U.S. Centers for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
The Government of Israel announced updated guidelines and restrictions to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines include designating certain neighborhoods with a significant number or increasing number of COVID-19 cases as “restricted areas.” Further information on restricted areas can be found on Israel’s Ministry of Health website at https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-health/corona/corona-virus-en/guidelines/. Information on locations where known positive COVID-19 patients have been present can be found here: https://coronaupdates.health.gov.il/corona-updates/grid/place. All individuals that have symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 should review this list for possible exposure. Known exposure to a COVID-19 patient will require quarantine and prompt testing.
The Palestinian Authority has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the West Bank and extended the state of emergency there until July 4, 2020. Most restrictions have been lifted, but social distancing measures remain in place. The Palestinian Authority may impose additional restrictions within certain areas of the West Bank on short notice. The latest information can be found (in Arabic only) on the PA Ministry of Health website at http://site.moh.ps/index/index/Language/ar
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates