Event: COVID-19 – New Israeli COVID-19 Restrictions
The Israeli government announced the following new COVID-19 related restrictions, effective September 8 to 15.
COVID-19 nighttime curfews imposed from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, and the closing of educational institutions (except for special education) in the communities and neighborhoods listed by the Israeli government on the following website:
Schools, banquet halls, open air gardens, amusement parks, and dance clubs in these areas are closed effective September 9.
During the nighttime curfew period residents are instructed to remain within 500 meters of their homes and non-essential businesses are also closed during the curfew period.
The Israeli National Police and Israeli Defense Forces are monitoring checkpoints throughout these cities and neighborhoods to limit crowds and to enforce the curfews.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should register in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief site for the most up-to-date information regarding economic impact payments and other tax information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. Information about local conditions related to COVID-19 is also available from the U.S. Embassy in Jordan and the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates