Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Jerusalem (July 16, 2020)
Location: West Bank
Event: COVID-19 – Updated Guidance for Departure from the West Bank
For U.S. citizens with a Palestinian Authority (PA)-issued ID card, please contact the PA Ministry of Foreign Affairs for assistance with departing the West Bank via the Allenby Bridge and Queen Alia Airport in Amman, Jordan. For more information, please visit the PA MFA Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mofa.pna or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02-294-3140.
For U.S. citizens who possess a Jordanian passport, including families where only one member is a Jordanian national, please contact the Jordanian Mission in Ramallah for assistance with departing the West Bank via the Allenby Bridge. The Jordanian Mission can be contacted at email@example.com or by phone at 02-2974625 or 02-2974626.
For U.S. citizens who do not have a Palestinian Authority-issued ID card or a Jordanian passport, no advanced coordination with any authority is required for travel via Ben Gurion Airport. A “Judea and Samaria visa” is not required. Please arrive at the checkpoint between Israel and the West Bank no more than 6 hours prior to your flight.
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens to follow the latest advice from U.S. and local authorities to reduce the spread of COVID-19. For the most recent information on reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19, please consult the U.S. Centers for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief site for the most up-to-date information regarding economic impact payments and other tax information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. Information about local conditions related to COVID-19 is also available from the U.S. Embassy in Jordan and the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates