Location: Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza
Event: As of March 27, commercial flights departing Ben Gurion Airport to the United States remain available on the following airlines, but are subject to change at any time: United Airlines and El Al (NOTE: El Al announced a temporary suspension of flights from March 26 to April 4).
U.S. citizens who live in or seek to travel to the United States should arrange for immediate departure to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain in Israel, the West Bank, or Gaza for an indefinite period. Flight cancellations and suspensions can occur with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. While flights remain available from Ben Gurion Airport to other international locations which may provide connections to the United States, airlines continue to cancel flights or suspend operations. Your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.
Please check the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem COVID-19 website for future updates and enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so the U.S. Embassy can contact you with updated information and in an emergency.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline: United Airlines (Local: 03-5116787, U.S.: 18002258610) or El Al (Local: 03-9771111).
Please note that all passengers arriving in Israel, including U.S. citizens, may be subject to health screening and/or a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a Government of Israel-established quarantine center. For more information, contact the Israeli Ministry of Health.
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates