Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Jerusalem (April 3, 2020)
Location: Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza
Event: Status of Consular Operations at U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
The health and safety of those who work at and visit our embassy facilities is our highest priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in line with Government of Israel and Palestinian Authority movement and social distancing restrictions, the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem and U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv are providing emergency services only to U.S. citizens as well as emergency visa services. For updates on consular operations, please check our website regularly. For COVID-19 related updates, please visit the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem COVID-19 and Israeli Ministry of Health websites.
American Citizens Services: Routine American Citizen Services are suspended until further notice. If you require an emergency service (e.g., emergency passport for imminent travel), please write to the appropriate consular office (JerusalemACS@state.gov or TelAvivACS@state.gov). Public hours for emergency services are available by appointment in the following locations:
U.S. Embassy Jerusalem – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 08:00 – 11:00
U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv – Tuesday, Thursday, 08:00 – 11:00
Federal Benefits: Federal Benefit appointments are suspended until further notice. The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in Jerusalem will continue to provide services that can be accomplished without face-to-face interviews. Please visit the FBU website and contact FBU.Jerusalem@ssa.gov for any urgent questions or concerns regarding Social Security numbers, Social Security benefits, or other federal benefits.
Visa Services: Routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services are suspended until further notice. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at the appointment website to request an emergency nonimmigrant visa appointment. Immigrant visa applicants with an urgent need to travel should contact JerusalemIVinquiries@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Encourage all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter