Event: As of February 19, the Government of Israel reports there are no known cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Israel. As a precaution, Israel’s Ministry of Health has recommended that the Israeli Population and Immigration Authority deny entry to anyone who is not an Israeli resident who has been in China, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, and/or Macau over the prior 14 days (excluding airport connections only). Additionally, Israeli residents, including dual U.S.-Israeli citizens, who have been in one or more of these countries over the prior 14 days will be required to remain in home quarantine until 14 days have passed since the date of departure from that country and must register with the Ministry of Health through its website or by phone at *5400. For more information, visit the Israel Ministry of Health website. Travelers may be subjected to screening at airports or ports of entry. Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions with little or no advance notice.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice regarding travel to China.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information, including U.S. enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter