Location: Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank
U.S. citizens who live in or seek to travel to the United States should arrange for immediate departure to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain in Israel, the West Bank, or Gaza for an indefinite period. Many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with no or little advance notice.
As of March 21, commercial flights out of Ben Gurion Airport to the United States remain available on the following airlines: United Airlines, El Al, and Turkish Airlines. United Airlines will suspend flights out of Ben Gurion Airport to the United States starting March 26. While flights remain available from Ben Gurion Airport to other international locations which may provide connections to the United States, airlines continue to cancel flights or suspend operations. If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline:
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter