Location: Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza
U.S. citizens who live in or seek to travel to the United States should arrange for immediate departure to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain in Israel, the West Bank, or Gaza for an indefinite period. Flight cancellations and suspensions can occur with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. As of March 23, commercial flights departing Ben Gurion Airport to the United States remain available on the following airlines, but are subject to change at any time: United Airlines (now announced for flights to operate through May 15), El Al, and Turkish Airlines (announced suspension of flights starting March 27). Please check the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem COVID-19 website for future updates.
The Embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. If your travel has been disrupted or to make travel arrangements, please contact your airline: United Airlines (Local: 03-5116787, U.S.: 18002258610), El Al (Local: 03-9771111), or Turkish Airlines (Local: 03-6945919, International: 902124636363).
Please note U.S. Embassy Jerusalem and Branch Office Tel Aviv have suspended routine consular services. If you are a U.S. citizen and require an emergency service, please write to the appropriate consular office (JerusalemACS@state.gov or TelAvivACS@state.gov). Emergency services are available in Jerusalem (Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 11:00) and Tel Aviv (Monday – Thursday, 08:00 – 11:00). For further updates, please check the U.S. Embassy Jerusalem website regularly.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter