Event: COVID-19 – Lockdown during the High Holidays
The Israeli government announced a nation-wide lockdown to contain the spread of COVID-19, effective September 18 at 2:00 PM through October 10. The regulations of the lockdown, as we currently understand them, are in the September 17 Israeli government press release link below. Regulations related to COVID-19 have been subject to frequent change and we anticipate that continuing to be the case. U.S. citizens in Israel are encouraged to visit the Israeli Ministry of Health’s website for the most up to date information.
Please see the following websites for more information:
- Israeli Ministry of Health: https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-health/corona/corona-virus-en/
- September 17, press release: https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/17092020_01
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should register in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief site for the most up-to-date information regarding economic impact payments and other tax information.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. Information about local conditions related to COVID-19 is also available from the U.S. Embassy in Jordan and the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter