The Public Diplomacy Section of the Palestinian Affairs Unit (PAU-PD) announces a limited competition for a grant through this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). The Palestinian Alumni of U.S. Government (USG) Exchange and Public Diplomacy Programs from Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza are invited to submit proposals that encourage alumni networking, professional development, and civic involvement and build on the strong links between the people of the United States and Palestinian people and institutions. Through this program, the U.S. government seeks to support USG exchange and program alumni-led initiatives which support the PAU-PD mission: to advance a comprehensive, lasting, negotiated peace between Israelis and Palestinians and the development of a prosperous, stable, and transparent Palestinian society, economy and system of governance through substantive engagement with American people, institutions, ideas and ideals in order to improve American-Palestinian relations and create greater opportunities for mutually beneficial partnership and cooperation.
Priority Region: Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Projects that focus on one or more of these regions will be considered.
All proposed projects must aim to advance the PAU-PD mission goals stated above, contain a substantive American element, and achieve at least one of the following specific objectives:
- Promote community leadership and volunteerism.
- Develop a culture of mentorship in Palestinian social, educational, and professional life.
- Encourage collaboration and understanding through projects that promote tolerance, pluralism, and shared values between diverse groups.
- Promote inclusive economic and educational opportunities to reach marginalized communities, including youth, women and girls, and people with disabilities.
- Foster entrepreneurship, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills amongst youth.
- Develop soft skills (leadership, teambuilding, problem solving, communication) for young professionals.
- Develop locally designed solutions to environmental, economic, or social problems.
- Support gender advocacy, inclusivity, and empowerment through training and awareness campaigns aimed at achieving gender equality throughout society.
- Encourage cooperation, sharing, mutual recognition and/or celebration by Americans and Palestinians of social and cultural values and traditions, holidays, and thematic months and days (including but not limited to Gender Based Violence 16-day campaign, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Earth Day, etc.).
Eligible primary applicants for grant funding must be Palestinian alumni (individuals) of USG
programs or Palestinian not-for-profit organizations (NGOs) based in Jerusalem, the West Bank, or Gaza, submitting projects with significant alumni involvement in which an alumni individual or alumni team will have a significant and leading role in the planning and implementation of the project to be supported with Alumni Small Grant Program funds.
Other Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible to receive an award, all organizations must have a unique entity identifier (Data Universal Numbering System/DUNS number from Dun & Bradstreet), as well as a valid registration on www.SAM.gov. Please see Section D.3 for information on how to obtain these registrations. Individuals are not required to have a unique entity identifier or be registered in SAM.gov.
Submission Dates and Times
Applications are due no later than June 15, 2021
Applications will be accepted on rolling basis until June15, 2021. The committee will meet once in fiscal year 2021 to consider proposals: approximately mid-June. Applicants will be notified of the result of the committee’s decision regarding their proposal within one week of the committee’s meeting. Those applicants whose proposals were selected for funding by the committee may be asked for revisions to their initial proposal before funding amounts can be finalized and an award can be signed.
Organizations wishing to submit proposals to the Public Affairs Section should review the following documents and forms: