(May 6, 2022)
Location: Elad area
Event: Security Alert
Israeli Security Forces continue to search for the terrorist suspects from the May 5th attack in the area of Elad. Security forces will maintain a large presence in the area to include road blocks and impromptu checkpoints. Security forces have also advised that the search area could potentially be expanded. Embassy Jerusalem personnel have been instructed to avoid the area until further notice. According to police, residents of the area are requested to remain vigilant and indoors.
As security incidents often take place without warning, U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to remain vigilant and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness.
Actions to Take:
- Refer to our website for the latest Security and Health Alerts: https://il.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ and https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid all demonstrations and large gatherings
- Monitor local media
- Follow the instructions of local authorities
- Enroll in the Department of Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency.
- Regularly monitor the State Department’s website, where you can find current Travel Advisories (including the Travel Advisory for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza) and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Information for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. For additional information, refer to “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747or 202-501-4444
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter