Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Jerusalem (November 21, 2021)
Event: Security Alert
As security incidents often take place without warning, U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to remain vigilant and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. Due to recent security incidents in and around the Old City of Jerusalem, U.S. government employees and their family members have been advised to avoid the Old City until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Refer to our website for the latest Security and Health Alerts: https://il.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/and https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid all demonstrations and large gatherings
- Monitor local media
- Follow the instructions of local authorities
- Enroll in the Department of Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency.
- Regularly monitor the State Department’s website, where you can find current Travel Advisories (including the Travel Advisory for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza) and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Information for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. For additional information, refer to “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
State Department – Consular Affairs
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates