Location: Golan Heights
Event: Due to the recent tensions in the region, until further notice, U.S. government employees are required to obtain advance approval if they wish to travel to the Golan Heights.
Actions to Take:
- Consider carefully travel to the Golan Heights until the situation stabilizes.
- Visit the website of the Government of Israel’s Home Front Command for further emergency preparedness guidance.
- Maintain situational awareness.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Follow directions of emergency responders.
- U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.
- U.S. Consulate General Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Country Information
- Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter