Emergency Financial Assistance

U.S. consular officers can assist U.S. citizens abroad who are temporarily destitute abroad because of an unanticipated emergency.  Consular officers can help destitute U.S. citizens abroad contact family, a bank, or an employer to arrange for transfer of funds.  In some cases, these funds can be wired through the Department of State.

For other assistance options, along with eligibility requirements, contact the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem or the Branch Office in Tel Aviv or the U.S. Department of State, Office of Overseas Citizens Services, at (888) 407-4747 (or from overseas +1 202-501-4444).