First-time passport for a minor (under 18) not yet documented as a U.S. citizen

Children born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent(s) may have a claim to U.S. citizenship. If the child is under age 18, U.S. citizens eligible to transmit citizenship are required to file for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

Instructions for CRBA and first-time minor passport