A convenient drop-box is now available for certain consular applications which could previously be processed only by mail. This drop-box is conveniently located inside the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem (at 14 David Flusser Street in Arnona) and outside the Branch Office in Tel Aviv (at 71 HaYarkon Street). Applicants may drop off their passport (Forms DS-82 and DS-5504 only) and Social Security (only in Jerusalem) at the Embassy in Jerusalem Monday-Thursday between 9:00 am-3:00 pm and Friday between 9:00am-12:00pm or at the Branch Office in Tel Aviv Monday-Friday between 01:30 pm-02:30 pm (except on Israeli or U.S. holidays). No appointment is necessary. The application processing time is approximately seven to eight weeks.
You may only use the drop box for the following:
- Adult passport renewals (form DS-82);
- Replacing an emergency passport with a full validity passport (form DS-5504), or
- Social Security (form SS-5; only in Jerusalem).
For other services, your application may require your personal appearance. Information on scheduling an appointment can be found here.
Eligibility for Passport Renewal by U.S. Embassy Jerusalem or the Branch Office Tel Aviv Drop-Box
You may renew your passport by utilizing the drop-box service for an adult passport renewal if all of the following requirements apply:
- Your passport is not damaged and was issued within the last 15 years;
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued;
- The passport you are renewing was valid for a 10-year period; and
- The passport was issued in your current name. (If you have changed your name since your most recent passport was issued, you must submit legal documentation of your name change)
Please click here for information on required documents (https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passport-services/renewal-by-mail/required-documents/) and fees (https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passport-services/renewal-by-mail/fees/).
You are also eligible to replace your limited-validity emergency passport through the Drop-Box using form DS-5504 for a full validity passport if your passport meets all of the following requirements:
- Was issued less than 12 months ago (even if the passport is now expired); and
- Does not have any endorsement on page 11 stating “A full validity passport must be approved by the Department of State”.
Please click here for information on required documents related to a DS-5504 application (https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passport-services/exchange-a-limited-validity-passport-for-full-validity/required-documents/). There is no fee.
For both the DS-82 and DS-5504, in addition to the required documents and fees (if applicable), you will fill out the Israel Post or Aramex mailing label for return delivery (available at the Embassy or Branch Office) and place the required items in an unsealed envelope. In Jerusalem, security will screen the unsealed envelope and return it to you to seal and drop-off into the drop-box.
You will receive your passport via Israel Post or Aramex within seven to eight weeks. Please retain the tracking slip.
The Embassy and Branch Office will continue to offer Passport Renewals by mail.