Double booking: Booking duplicate appointments in one location or in both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem will result in cancellation of all appointments.
- Please note when making an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem that you must select Jerusalem as the city and Jerusalem as the country. If you choose Israel as the country, the system will automatically redirect you to make an appointment at the Branch Office in Tel Aviv.
- Schedule an appointment for each passport application you are bringing. For example, a family of four renewing each person’s passport must make four appointments.
- Print your confirmation page. This includes a password you will need if you have to make changes to your appointment date. Bring this page with you to your appointment.
- Before your visit, read through the list of prohibited items to prepare for our security screening and simplify your entry into the Embassy.
- Please be on time. If you are more than 30 minutes late to your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule for another day.
- Cancel or reschedule your appointment yourself online. You will need the password from the appointment confirmation page to do so.
Schedule an Appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem
Click here to schedule your appointment. Appointments cannot be scheduled by email or over the phone.
Schedule an Appointment at the Branch Office in Tel Aviv
Click here to schedule your appointment. Appointments cannot be scheduled by email over the phone.
Requesting an Urgent Appointment
If you are unable to find any available appointments and your intended travel is two weeks or less away, you can request an urgent appointment for an emergency passport by clicking here. After you have submitted your request, you will be contacted by the Embassy with an appointment date and time.
However, you cannot request an urgent appointment if you can use form DS-82 (application by mail) or DS-5504 (replacement for a limited emergency passport) as those can be renewed by mail (https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passport-services/renewal-by-mail/)or via the drop box (https://il.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passport-services/american-citizen-services-drop-box/). If you are traveling urgently, please write “urgent travel” on the envelope when you mail it or drop it off.
We do not accept urgent appointment requests by email or by telephone.