Required Documents

Bring all of the following documents to your appointment.  Arriving prepared will save you time at the Embassy and help you complete the process in just one visit.

Application for a U.S. Passport: DS-11

Fill out the form completely before your appointment, but DO NOT sign it.

Affidavit of Physical Presence or Residence, Parentage, and Support (Form DS-5507) (56 KB)

Your U.S. citizen parent must fill out the form completely, but NOT sign it. Your U.S. citizen parent must also accompany you to the Embassy.


One 2 inch x 2 inch / 5cm x 5cm square passport photo taken within the last six months. Note: There is no photographer at the Embassy.

Proof of your identity:

Original documents are required. Notarized copies are unacceptable. Bring one photocopy.

Must be a valid, government-issued photo I.D., such as:

  • Foreign passport
  • Driver’s license
  • National identity card with photograph, or
  • Military I.D with photograph

Your Israeli birth certificate

Israeli birth certificate issued by the Ministry of Interior listing both the child and parents’ information.  Please bring the original and 3 photocopies of the document.

Your U.S. citizen parent’s U.S. passport
The U.S. citizen parent(s) must present his/her U.S. passport plus 3 photocopies of the passport. Further evidence may be required to establish that your parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth if his/her claim has not been previously established.

Your non-U.S. citizen parent’s passport/identification
The non-U.S. citizen parent must bring his/her passport or other government issued photo identification document. Please bring the original and 1 photocopy of the biographic page of the document.

Your parents’ marriage certificate
An original or court certified copy of the marriage certificate issued by the appropriate authorities in the country in which the marriage took place. If the parents are not married, this is not required.  Bring the original and 1 photocopy of the document.

Your parents’ divorce or death certificate
If either parent has been married previously, they must present the original or court certified divorce decree or death certificate for all previous marriages.  Bring the original and 1 photocopy of the document.

Evidence of Change of Name

If you and/or your parents have changed names through marriage, court order, etc, submit an original or certified copy of the relevant documents.

Proof of your U.S. citizen parent’s Physical Presence in the United States
The U.S. citizen parent(s) will be asked to present proof of their physical presence in the United States.  Good examples of proof of physical presence include school records, immunization records, university and high school transcripts, tax returns, and employment records.  Please ensure you are bringing sufficient evidence to demonstrate the length of presence in the U.S. required for your circumstances.