Replace a damaged passport

If your passport has been significantly damaged, especially the book cover or the page displaying your personal data and photo, you will need to apply for a new passport.  If your U.S. passport is damaged, you must apply for a new passport in person. Appointments are required for this service.  

Note: Your damaged U.S passport is not proof of citizenship or identity.

Instructions for replacing a damaged passport.