In-person appearance of minor applicant and parents
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied to the interview by both parents. Children under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.
If only one parent can appear, the other parent must submit an original, complete, notarized Statement of Consent (PDF 42KB) (DS-3053) and a copy of the ID shown to the notary.
- Applicants ages 16 and 17 need only be accompanied by one parent.
Bring all of the documents listed on the previous page, plus these additional documents which are required for minors:
- Proof of Parental Relationship:
You must submit evidence that lists you as the parent of the child applying for a passport. Original documents are required (photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable).
- Birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or
- Adoption decree with adoptive parents’ names
- Valid, government-issued photo IDs for the parents, such as:
(Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable)
- Foreign passport
- Driver’s license
- National identity card with photograph or
- Military I.D with photograph