- Required Documents
- Additional Requirements for Minors
- Processing times and Delivery
In-person appearance of minor applicant and parents
- Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied to the interview by both parents. Children under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves. If only one parent can appear, the other parent must submit an original, complete, signed, dated, and notarized Statement of Consent (DS-3053) and a copy of the ID shown to the notary.
- Applicants ages 16 and 17 need only be accompanied by one parent.
previous page with previous page plus these additional documents which are required for minors:
- Proof of Parental Relationship:
You must submit evidence that lists you as the parent of the child applying for a passport. Original documents are required (photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable).
- Birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad,or
- Adoption decree with adoptive parents’ names
- Valid, government-issued photo IDs for the parents, such as:
(Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable)
- Foreign passport
- Driver’s license
- National identity card with photograph or
- Military ID with photograph