A complete application package includes:
- Completed, signed, and dated application for a U.S. Passport (DS-82). Complete the DS-82 form online and print it.
- Photo: One 2-inch x 2-inch / 5cm x 5cm square passport photo taken within the last six months.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (your valid or expired passport)
- Printed payment confirmation sheet from Pay.gov
- For courier service: A self-addressed envelope with your phone number. Your new and old passport will be delivered to you via courier service. The cost of the courier service is 49 NIS for Israel and 50 NIS for the West Bank and Gaza (via Aramex) per envelope (you will be contacted by the courier company by SMS for payment and to arrange delivery, do not enclose payments for courier services with your application package).
Ten Tips for Completing and Submitting U.S. Passport Applications by Mail or Drop Off
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Units at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem and the Branch Office in Tel Aviv urge U.S. citizens who submit the following applications – adult renewals (DS-82) and replacement of limited validity passports (DS-5504) – to take the following ten steps to ensure their passport applications are processed as quickly as possible.