A complete application package includes:
- Completed, signed, and dated application for a U.S. Passport (DS-82). Complete the DS-82 form online and print it.
- Photo: One 2-inch x 2-inch / 5cm x 5cm square passport photo taken within the last six months.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (your valid or expired passport)
- Printed payment confirmation sheet from Pay.gov
- For courier service: All applications submitted on or after June 12, 2023, that are being delivered back to the applicant by Israel Post will be required to include the pre-paid label (60 NIS) with the application. This applies to those who submit applications in person and to those who mail them in or submit them in the drop box. To start the pre-paid label process, click here. The cost of the courier service from Aramex from the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem remains the same (50 NIS). If using Aramex, you will still fill out the courier slip at the time of your in-person appointment or when you drop off the passport.
Ten Tips for Completing and Submitting U.S. Passport Applications by Mail or Drop Off
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Units at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem and the Branch Office in Tel Aviv urge U.S. citizens who submit the following applications – adult renewals (DS-82) and replacement of limited validity passports (DS-5504) – to take the following ten steps to ensure their passport applications are processed as quickly as possible.