When you arrive at the Embassy, you will be required to go through a security screening before you may enter the Consular Section for your appointment. Please read through the entire list of prohibited items below to prepare for our security check and simplify your entry into the Embassy. The U.S. Embassy does not have storage facilities for your items.
Several businesses near the Embassy Branch Office in Tel Aviv rent lockers to visitors. We are not aware of any businesses near the Embassy in Jerusalem that rents lockers to visitors.
- Electronic equipment, including cell phones, smart watches, and USB flash drives
- Backpacks or large purses
- Liquids, sprays, powders, or lip balms
- Fire-lighting equipment (e.g. matches, lighters)
- Weapons of any kind
Note: The security staff reserves the right to prohibit other items from entering the Embassy.
- Document pouch to carry necessary papers
- Passport and relevant application documents
- Newspaper/books in printed form only (no electronic books).
- Writing materials
- Car and house keys