Please plan to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment time.
When you arrive at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem or the Branch Office in Tel Aviv, you will be required to go through a security screening before you may enter the American Citizen Services Section for your appointment. Please read through the entire list of prohibited items below to prepare for our security check and simplify your entry into the Embassy or Branch Office. Neither location has storage facilities for your items.
Several businesses near the Branch Office in Tel Aviv rent lockers to visitors. Please note that the Branch Office in Tel Aviv is not associated with and has no responsibility for the quality or cost of their services.
- Electronic equipment, including cell phones and USB flash drives
- Backpacks or large purses
- Liquids, sprays, powders, or lip balms
- Fire-lighting equipment (e.g. matches, lighters)
- Weapons of any kind
Note: The security staff reserves the right to prohibit other items from entering the Embassy or Branch Office.
- Document pouch to carry necessary papers
- Passport, Social Security Number, and relevant application documents
- Newspaper/books in printed form only (no electronic books).
- Writing materials
- Car and house keys
- Stollers/diaper bags (no purses)
- Baby food/bottles
If you have further questions on what you can bring in to the Embassy or Branch Office for your appointment, please email: JerusalemACS@state.gov for the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem and TelAvivACS@state.gov for the Branch Office in Tel Aviv.