Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Jerusalem (May 13, 2021)
Event: Airport and Flights Status
Rockets continue to impact the Gaza periphery and areas across Southern and Central Israel. Flights to and from airports in Israel may be suspended or rerouted by the Israeli government at any time. Airlines may also cancel their flights with little or no warning, making availability limited and unpredictable. Flight arrivals and departures have been subject to frequent change and we anticipate that continuing to be the case.
Unfortunately, the embassy is not able to assist with arranging commercial travel options. U.S. citizens in Israel are encouraged to contact their airline directly for the most up to date information.
- United Airlines, Local: 03-511-6787, U.S.: 1-800-225-8610
- El Al Airlines, Local: 03-977-1111
- Delta Airlines, Local: 03-513-8000, U.S.: 1-800-221-1212
- American Airlines, Local: 03-721-9497, U.S.: 1-800-433-7300
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid all demonstrations
- Monitor local media
- Follow the instructions of local authorities
- Enroll in the Department of Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency.
- Regularly monitor the State Department’s website, where you can find current Travel Advisories (including the Travel Advisory for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza) and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Information for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. For additional information, refer to “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
- U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser St.
- U.S. Embassy Branch Office Tel Aviv
71 HaYarkon St.