Checklist for Your Fiancé(e) Visa Interview

  1. How to Apply
  2. Checklist for Your Fiancé(e) Visa Interview
  3. The Interview
  4. Case Status
  5. After the Interview

Below are the instructions for the processing of your K-visa (fiancée visa) and the list of documents you are required to bring with you on the day of your K visa interview. Please review all of them and ensure that you bring the required originals to avoid delays in processing. It is your responsibility to ensure that the online DS-160 application for each fiancée applicant accurately reflects all these items as well.

Complete the visa application (Form DS-160) online at and print the confirmation page. Please select “Jerusalem” as the location where you will be applying.

If you were born in Jerusalem, indicate the place of birth on the DS-160 form as “Jerusalem, Jerusalem.” If you were born in the West Bank, indicate the place of birth as “Name of the village/city, West Bank.” For example: if you were born in Deir Debwan: Deir Debwan, Ramallah, West Bank.

Complete the online visa application (Form DS-160) and select Jerusalem as the location where you will be applying, you should create an account online at or by calling (local: 02-3741221; or U.S.-based: 703-520- 2215). Indicate your preferred courier (Israeli Post or Wassel) and mail delivery method.

Next, pay the K visa application fee either in cash at any Israeli Postal Bank or Bank of Palestine location or online with an international credit card. Cash payments take approximately one business day to be validated for use in the online system. If you chose to pay by cash, you will need to download a deposit slip via the online account you created before going to the bank.

The K fee is $265.00 (U.S. dollars) and is collected in local currency based on the current consular exchange rate. It is subject to change based upon the current Department of State Schedule of Fees. All fees are non-refundable.

Applicants who pay online by credit card can schedule an appointment immediately. Applicants who pay cash will have to return to the website or call (local: 02-374-1221; or U.S.-based: 703-520-2215) after the fee has been validated and provide the payment fee receipt number in order to schedule themselves.

If you are a Gazan applicant residing in the Gaza Strip please follow the below instructions to get a permit to attend your visa interview:

  • After completing your DS-160 at and creating a user account at, select the option stating that you reside in Gaza. Then, schedule a Consular Section appointment by selecting the specific date/appointment reserved only for Gazan applicants. Select a date over 60 days in advance of your appointment to allow time for the permitting process.
  • Apply for your permit to leave Gaza through the District Coordination Office (DCO). You may present a printout from as proof of the date of your appointment.
  • A shuttle from Erez to be coordinated by the Israeli authorities will take you directly to U.S. Embassy Jerusalem Consular Section at 14 David Flusser Street. Same-day return shuttle service will also be provided.

On the day of your visa appointment, bring your current passport with you. Your passport should have a validity of at least eight months. Please double-check that the date of birth, place of birth, and spelling of all names on the online DS-160 application and your passport match exactly. Information that does not match could result in significant delays in the processing of your visa.

Bring your original birth certificate (or a certified copy from the issuing government authority) as well as the original birth certificate (or certified copy) for every person named in the application. You must also present birth certificates for all of your unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they do not wish to travel at this time. Each birth certificate must state the names of both parents and the date and place of birth. Please note that the mother’s maiden name, meaning her name prior to marriage, must be accurately listed on the birth certificate of the child.

If you or any person listed on the application legally changed a name, you must submit an original name change certificate for that person.  If any of your children are deceased, please provide the year of death.

If you or any of your children were adopted, bring a certified copy of the final adoption decree. We will also need an original name change certificate for any individual in the case who has had a name change after or due to an adoption.

If you were married, or signed a marriage contract after your fiancée filed the I-129 petition on your behalf, you will need to bring your original marriage certificate, or a certified copy issued by the issuing government authority with a certified English translation.

If you were previously married, you must bring original proof of the legal termination of each previous marriage (e.g., death certificate of spouse, final decree of divorce or annulment).

You are required to obtain a police certificate from the country or countries in which you have lived for six months or more after turning 16 years of age.  These include the country of your nationality and the country of your current residence, as well as any other country in which you have been lived for more than one year or have been arrested for any reason.  If you are unable to obtain a police certificate from a specific country, please contact our staff for advice.

If you are Israeli citizens or Jerusalem ID holders (laissez passer) you may request the Israeli Criminal Information Certificate to be sent directly to U.S. Embassy Jerusalem’s Consular Section by applying at their nearest police station or online at instructions are in Hebrew only).

Former residents of Israel may apply in person at an Israeli consular or diplomatic missions or online using the link above.

All Palestinian ID holders living in the West Bank and Gaza must obtain a Criminal Information Certificate from the Israeli DCO (Civil Liaison Office) in the place of their residence or online at

(Note: instructions are in Hebrew only), as well as a Palestinian Non-Conviction Certificate from the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Justice in the place of their residence.  For more details on how to apply for the Non-Conviction Certificate please visit the Ministry of Justice website at:


If you have ever been arrested, detained, or convicted of a crime, you must obtain the original or a certified copy of each relevant police, court, or prison record, even if the charges were ultimately dismissed or you were granted amnesty or pardoned. You must provide a certified English translation of each of these court and prison records. Please remember to ensure that your online DS160 application includes each instance of arrest or conviction to avoid lengthy delays in the processing of your application(s).

If you served in the military, please bring your original military discharge or release certificate.

Israelis who served in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) should obtain form 807 from the IDF, which is granted upon discharge to a soldier from mandatory service.

Israelis who were exempted from military service should bring a military exemption certificate (IDF form 830) or an exemption letter from the Israeli Defense Forces citing the reason why they were exempted.

You may apply for these forms online by visiting the following website: Apply forms

You may also order the forms by calling the IDF on the following number: 03-5691000 or FAX: 03-5699400. If you are not able to obtain IDF form 807, please bring an explanation or documentation from the IDF, in the form of an official letter, regarding your inability to obtain it.

You will need two identical (5 cm x 5 cm, or 2 inch x 2 inch) photographs with a plain, light background taken within the last six months. The photographs should be taken with the applicant directly facing the camera and without glasses. Head coverings are permitted; however, the photographs must clearly show the face of the applicant from the crown of the head (hairline) to the tip of the chin and from ear to ear.

For more details click here.


You must schedule a medical exam with an approved physician ONLY after you are scheduled for a visa interview through NVC or U.S. Embassy Jerusalem’s Immigrant Visa Unit.  Instructions on how to schedule a medical exam appointment with one of our panel physicians can be: please hyperlink this site here:



You must establish that you will not be a financial burden on the United States Government. The consular officer will determine based on your circumstances, including evidence you submit, whether you meet the requirements of the law. One option is to submit a complete Form I-134 (more information at: If you choose this option, you should bring to the interview an original Form I-134, signed by a sponsor, along with a photocopy or Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – generated transcript of the most income tax return filed before singing the I-134 form.

You should submit proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with the petitioner. It is often helpful to bring documents such as letters, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement. If you are applying for a K3 visa, please bring your original marriage certificate or a copy certified by the issuing authority.

You should provide a certified English translation of all documents that are not in English, Arabic or Hebrew.

Contact us to report a change of address, a change in your personal status (such as a marriage), the death of the petitioner or applicant, or the birth of a child. Email

Please do not send us any documents unless you are specifically requested to do so. We look forward to seeing you soon!