Family members’ applications

Spouses (including same-sex spouses) and unmarried children under the age of 21 (regardless of nationality), who wish to join the principal visa holder in the United States for extended periods or the duration of his/her stay require derivative E visas.  Dependents should schedule a regular appointment through the Visa Information Service website and present the following documents on behalf of each family member at interview:

  • Completed DS-160
  • Evidence of payment of the MRV application fee (payable on the Visa Information Service website)
  • One photograph that meets the specifications
  • Photocopy of the bio page of the applicant’s passport
  • A copy of the E-visa or E-797 Approval notice of the principal applicant
  • For spouse: a copy of the marriage certificate
  • For children: a copy of each child’s birth certificate

Please note that each family member over the age of 14 must attend an in-person interview.